Friday 27 April 2012

NO TO MEDIOCRITY


For I cannot think that GOD Almighty ever made them [women] so delicate, so glorious creatures; and furnished them with such charms, so agreeable and so delightful to mankind; with souls capable of the same accomplishments with men: and all, to be only Stewards of our Houses, Cooks, and Slaves.
- Daniel Defoe

Being a woman in a male dominated workplace is no joke. You are seen as being weak and in need of a man in authority to tell you what to do. What  makes it even worse is when there is a language barrier and you need to try to associate with subordinates in order to learn faster on the job.
Currently, I feel so lost at my job as I still do not fully understand my role and how my efforts will add to the bottom-line. I am not the kind of person to shy away from hardwork. It makes me sick that I have to chase my boss just for him to explain the situation at hand to me. It is ironic that many big companies project the image of efficiency and productivity,  with many graduates clamouring to work there only to find that it is being run no differently (exaggerated a bit for effect - lol) from a mom-n-pop store.

I have made up my mind to hunt this man down till he gives me what is due to me - not some mediocre job that puts to waste my two years of hard labour, and my dad's hard earned money. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment